Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

i need help restarting a Vokera Option 24 combi boiler there

i need help restarting a Vokera Option 24 combi boiler
there seems to be a lack of pressure, the gauge reading slightly under 0.5bar
how can i fix this
it was easy on my previous boiler but i can't seem to figure this one out as i don't have a manual for it
Under the boiler on the pipe work will be a filling loop (braided hose) one end should be disconnected, with taps at each end, you need to re connect the hose and turn on both taps till 1.5 bar is on the gage, disconnect when done, any further problems please get back to me Rick
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi rick
your answer sounded quite straightforward until i got to the boiler itself.
i was unable to locate the particular braided hose you mention.
is there a way that i can send you pics of the installation?
I think there is but I do not know how to do it, I have seen mention of "photo bucket" but I have no idea were to find it, sorry you cannot find your filling loop, it is usually near the boiler may be in a cupboard under, but it does not have to be near the boiler, I have come across installations were the plumber has located it under the kitchen sink for instance, some boilers have a plastic key clipped to the bottom panel of the boiler, this key is then inserted in a valve and turned, some vokera's have a three way lever for topping up under the bottom of the boiler, but the book for your Option 24 shows an external loop You can down load the book yourself...http://www.vokera.co.uk/trade-professionals/manuals-literature/ then choose download on the far right alongside option Regards Rick