Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, 23 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Gosh thats quick - I have a petrol XTrail 2008 - it has done

Customer Question

Customer: Gosh thats quick - I have a petrol XTrail 2008 - it has done over 200,000k. It is slightly juddery and sluggish over 100kph. Will the 200,000 sort this or might it be something else?? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live in the middle east - Oman. I dont use it for off roading - just around town and occasional long drive to Dubai. It is nothing specific - it just feels sluggish. I had it serviced a few months ago but just had a 5000km service - veyr cheap out here - but the 200,000 one will cost approx 200quid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep - how much?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ok the £200 service will probably help as its includes new plugs, filters etc

I'd also suggest getting the fuel pressure checked on a running engine as if its low then this will hold the engine back

it woudl also be wise (given the milage) to do a compression test on the engine as this will show if its still healthy

as all cylinders should be within 10-15 psi of each other

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.