Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, 23 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

A second hand 1999 almera auyo for my wife..30 mph..exhaust..blown

Customer Question

Hi i just purchased a second hand 1999 almera auyo for my wife , went tp pick her up from work and it was running really lumpy , going home i could not get over 30 mph and then i got a huge back fire and when i nursed it round to my garage compound found that my exhaust box had split and a load of fibre glas stuff coming from my broken exhaust , is it just a case of a blown exhaust or am i looking at a more severe problem , hoping that you can help , thank you so much .
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 8 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.com. I will assisted you best i can

Is or was the check engine light on ?

there has to be a reason for the exhaust to blow open .

For further assistance please let me know.
Regards Greg