UK Nissan

UK Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic online.

Nissan: 1.8 petrol with 93000m,It..starter motor..miss..idles…

Customer Question
Have a nissan primera 1.8...
Have a nissan primera 1.8 petrol with 93000m,It's the p11-144 model 2002.Normally from cold the car used to start very quickly about 1 to 2 turns of the starter motor but the last 4 months its been taking 5 to 8 turns of the starter motor to fire up and when it does start the car miss fires for a few seconds with the smell of unburnt fuel then idles perfectly.The diagnostic light has never illuminated to say their may be a fault with any of the various engine sensors.Apart from the start ups in the morning it runs sweet as a nut.The only thing i have changed are the spark plugs...Can you help.
Regards
Vince
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Nissan
6/15/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 8 years ago
Greg
Greg, import technician
Hi and welcome to JA.com. I will assisted you best i can

Vince I take it you replaced the parts after you had problems or did the problems start after replacing these parts.

Does your engine light come on with the ignition switch on ?as you said it never comes on.(just need to clear this one up?)

For further assistance please let me know.
Regards Greg

Need more assistance please let me know.
Regards Greg
The engine light does come on with the ignition as normal and the parts i replaced were changed after the problem accured.Hope this helps.
Does your model have a rev counter .