UK Nissan

UK Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic online.

Nissan: the car and make it child safe, i am hoping to keep the car…

Customer Question
i would like to convert...
i would like to convert my Nissan Micra to a 'play house' for my children - is this possible? what are the costs involved to completely strip the car and make it child safe, i am hoping to keep the car in the garden? this may sound silly but i have seen it done in a film called Siste Act!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2010
Nissan Mechanic: Robert, UK Nissan Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, UK Nissan Technician

Hi..

I suppose it is possible in some respect..its not really all to common.maybe for much older kids.but pricing on doing such a thing would be difficult to speculate 2you be best phing around a few local reputable garages to see what they would charge to this for you..But all Hazadous fluids :ie petrol/brake fluids/oils/coolant/battery/aircon system if fitted/airbags system fully removed etc would need to be all removed and disppossed off in safe manner,also there would'nd be any need to have the engine/gearbox.You would also need to make sure that you where able to gain access to the vehicle at all times which would involve disabling all the door/boot locks so as not to trap anyone in the car by locking it from the inside...You would also need to make sure that all four tyres where sunk into the ground so as to stop the car from being rolled if this was to be kept on grassland..To be honest you would maybe cheaper/safer aquiring "a proper play house" if they are of a younger age..