UK Law

If he has pleaded not guilty to the charge gbh what does…

If he has pleaded not...
If he has pleaded not guilty to the charge gbh what does that mean
Will I get called to court... Read full answer
Will I get called to court
4/18/2019
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Were you convicted?

NoHe had court yesterday and he pleaded not guilty to gbh charge

Thanks for the information

you have probably been given a warned list trial date. So you need to call your solicitors at about 17.00hrs every night when you are in the warned list to ascertain whether your case is in for trial in the morning.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Will he get prison timeFor assault causing grievous bodily harm
He admitted to police having assaulted me in his statement but is now pleading not guiltyTo the charges
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My brother is in court in the uk next week for gbh without
Hi my brother is in court in the uk next week for gbh without intent he was chaseing his boyfriend who fell down a stair case and broke a rib he has no previous convictions never even been arrested be… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
My boyfriend has just been sentenced behaviour towards a
My boyfriend has just been sentenced for aggressive behaviour towards a bouncer and has been sentenced to 9 weeks due to being on a suspended sentence already. He could be facing a charge of gbh where… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
Someone I know has been charged with a section 20 Gbh
Hello Alice Someone I know has been charged with a section 20 Gbh unlawful wounding, he has a plea hearing coming up soon and is planning on pleading guilty, the problem I have with this is the descri… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
Stop searching for answers—
The preliminary hearing took place and the attacker pleaded
The preliminary hearing took place and the attacker pleaded guilty to carrying a knife in a public place but not guilty to Gbh with intent - why would he do this ? The judge said he was lucky not to b… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
Hi in court today charged with GBH section 20. Wife and I
Hi in court today charged with GBH section 20. Wife and I had major row, I slapped her across face after major provocation, then I called police/ambulance as she was bleeding, so I have admitted guilt… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
i was recently punched in face at christmas time by an unknown
i was recently punched in face at christmas time by an unknown man,he was drunk,i wasnt,he had heckled for a fight,anyway totally out of blue he punches me so i returned the punch he then trips on ste… read more
Alice H
Alice H
Solicitor of the Senior Courts,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi, Hoping you can help! My boyfriends son was involved
Hi, Hoping you can help! My boyfriends son was involved in a fight in a nightclub before Xmas. Effectively he was drunk and the bouncers manhandled out of the club and when they got him outside they w… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
a member of my family has pleaded guilty to GBH without intent
a member of my family has pleaded guilty to GBH without intent Section 20. he had an agruement with someone and jump into his car and hit him. he drove off. he did contact the police an hour later. th… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
I have been charged with GBH but the CPS has given me a piece
I have been charged with GBH but the CPS has given me a piece of paper with two counts on it. One is for GBH and one is for ABH what does this mean? My solicitor said that CPS has sent a letter statin… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
I have been charged with GBH but the the CPS have gievn me
I have been charged with GBH but the the CPS have gievn me a peice of paper with two counts on it. One is for GBH and one is for ABH what does this mean?… read more
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge
Good Morning, My partner has been appearing in court numerous
Good Morning, My partner has been appearing in court numerous times now(magistrates) with a possible GBH charge. The charge is joined with another person Whom is accepting the charge being made agains… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
I am being charged with GBH (solicitor will try to bring it
I am being charged with GBH (solicitor will try to bring it down to ABH) for biting a paramedic's finger upon waking up from an unconscious state on the street. She need a minor surgery and skin graft… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
Stop searching for answers—
My brother has just been found guilty of GBH he was found guilty
My brother has just been found guilty of GBH he was found guilty of this seventeen years ago but nothing since. I cannot see that the judge doesnt want to take into account extreme provacation. He has… read more
Street Legal
Street Legal
Solicitor,
A family memeber has been charged with GBH with intent can
A family memeber has been charged with GBH with intent can he plea bargin to a lesser offence ?… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
a case i am involved with has been sent to the attorney generals
a case i am involved with has been sent to the attorney generals office in uk. this is because the ofender was charged and sentenced to 3 and half years for gbh without intent. He pleaded guilty on ad… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,
My brother in law was being harrased by neighbour. One night
My brother in law was being harrased by neighbour. One night 2am, neighbour was drunk ,knocked on the door and ran away. After 3rd time brother in law, not knowing who was doing it, opened door withou… read more
F E Smith
F E Smith
my partner attacked me today and was arrested he is now going
my partner attacked me today and was arrested he is now going to court to do his plea i was wondeing what his sentece could be he has already been in trouble with the law for drink driving… read more
Max Sandford
Max Sandford
I have been charged with gbh against my husband,(was abh in
I have been charged with gbh against my husband,(was abh in police station i was charged with but magistrates changed it, can they do this as only charge sheet i have been given is for abh) he hits me… read more
Jo C.
Jo C.
Barrister,