UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I work for the United Nations in Sudan and my husband is…

Customer Question
Good morning. I work...

Good morning. I work for the United Nations in Sudan and my husband is Sudanese (of 12 years). I am trying to find out if we can apply for his right to remain (or similar), whilst I am working for the UN in Sudan. He also works for a UN organization. I understand in some situations this can be done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Sudanese lawyer about this?

No because it is linked to the UK not sudan, I don’t think they will have knowledge on British law. I am British not Sudanese.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, I am only trying to find out if it can be done

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have worked for the UN for nearly 4 years.

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 3 days by:
7/14/2018
Solicitor: INC, Solicitor-Advocate replied 7 days ago
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Hi,Do you still require assistance with this?
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
What I was sent was a how to apply for a right to remain if he was in the uk. What I actually need to know is can I, working for the United Nations (British citizen) in sudan, start the process for my Sudanese husband, whilst we both work in the Sudan, therefore we would not be residing in the UK. I know in the USA if you are doing work for some international organization you can do this, since the work is considered important. He also works for the World Bank, also an international organization.Am not too sure if I have explained my situation clearly?
Thank you
Thank you for the additional information.I will review and revert back to you later in the day.Many thanks
Hi,I have reviewed the information provided and unfortunately I cannot see a category for which your husband would be eligible whilst working abroad.Your husband would need to apply for entry clearance in a specific category which would require him to come to the UK.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks