How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Collins Your Own Question
Peter Collins
Peter Collins, Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 683
Experience:  Barrister
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Peter Collins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has just received the D10(3) form and most of the

This answer was rated:

My son has just received the D10(3) form and most of the form in relatively easy, except the part when it asks if you object to paying the cost of proceedings. He discovered that his wife had a previous child when she was younger and committed adultery whilst with him. He was going through cancer at the time. She had an affair and he found out, since finishing she has gone on to have another couple of children. He strongly objects to paying because he was in no way at fault for the breakdwn
JA: Have criminal charges been filed? If so, when's the next court date?
Customer: No it is on the grounds of a two year separation, he felt it would be too much hassle to drag out the issue with adultery although she does admit that she did commit adultery
JA: Where are you located? Criminal law varies by state.
Customer: In London
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I'm here to assist this evening.

Essentially, he just needs to indicate that he is not happy to pay for the proceedings.

When the case is finalised, there will then be the opportunity to put arguments to the court as to who should pay the costs.

Not agreeing at this stage just indicates that he is not happy to agree to split costs or pay the other party's costs.

Is there anything else I can help you with today please?

If not I'd really appreciate your 5 star rating.



Hello, was there anything else I can help with, please?


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You can’t just say no, you have to give a reason, I’ve put innocent partyIs that okP


That should suffice.

If the cost issue is contested at a later date all of the relevant information regarding conduct you have put above would need to be explained to the court, but at this stage it is perhaps just an administrative point that may not become an issue.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, ***** *****'d really appreciate your positive rating so I can be credited by Just Answer for assisting.


Peter Collins and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

Was there anything else I can assist with in relation to this, please?