Peter Collins
Peter Collins, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
101823876

My son has just received the D10(3) form and most of the

My son has just received the D10(3) form and most of the form in relatively easy, except the part when it asks if you object to paying the cost of proceedings. He discovered that his wife had a previous child when she was younger and committed adultery whilst with him. He was going through cancer at the time. She had an affair and he found out, since finishing she has gone on to have another couple of children. He strongly objects to paying because he was in no way at fault for the breakdwn
JA: Have criminal charges been filed? If so, when's the next court date?
Customer: No it is on the grounds of a two year separation, he felt it would be too much hassle to drag out the issue with adultery although she does admit that she did commit adultery
JA: Where are you located? Criminal law varies by state.
Customer: In London
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I'm here to assist this evening.

Essentially, he just needs to indicate that he is not happy to pay for the proceedings.

When the case is finalised, there will then be the opportunity to put arguments to the court as to who should pay the costs.

Not agreeing at this stage just indicates that he is not happy to agree to split costs or pay the other party's costs.

Is there anything else I can help you with today please?

If not I'd really appreciate your 5 star rating.

Thanks,

Peter

Hello, was there anything else I can help with, please?

Peter

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You can’t just say no, you have to give a reason, I’ve put innocent partyIs that okP

Hello.

That should suffice.

If the cost issue is contested at a later date all of the relevant information regarding conduct you have put above would need to be explained to the court, but at this stage it is perhaps just an administrative point that may not become an issue.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, ***** *****'d really appreciate your positive rating so I can be credited by Just Answer for assisting.

Peter

Was there anything else I can assist with in relation to this, please?