UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

A utility company obtained my signature by deception and…

Customer Question
Hello. A utility company...

Hello. A utility company obtained my signature by deception and forged it on an utility contract in my company then start charging extortionate rates. They are now taking me to court as I refuse to pay it. I have my defense written but was wondering if there are any case law I can add to the defence

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I called police, national fraud office, ombudsman . Bank fraud office . All been reported

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Law
5/30/2018
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much is being claimed?

7k over 6 months when my usual bill is £300 per month from my previous supplier. The person got me to sign for water rebate and then copied signature onto a gas contract

Have you refused to pay and initiated a complaint?

I have already asked for a refund of my fees as my original question was not answered. Thanks anyway

ok good luck