UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My question is whether my sister in law's solicitors can…

Customer Question
Hi, my question is...

Hi, my question is whether my sister in law's solicitors can tell my partner to choose someone else other than myself to represent him- because they find me aggressive- not true had to hold myself up from a vigorous hand shake that almost pulled me over ( I am black , 6'1"and a Muslim)? I also asked why they had coerced my partner's sister into contesting the Will? She told me herself and her husband confirmed this and I recorded the conversation cos she lies a bit. Ever since I told her solicitors that I asked the SRA they've become very defensive and now say I'm aggressive

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Essex

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

They've put in a caveat, I've issued a warning and they've put in an appearance. I've begged them not to disclose my late mother-in-law's medical records to anyone but experts has my sister in law wants to put them on the internet but they've made copies without our permission and sent them to her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My partner is in no fit state to talk to anyone at the moment. Mum hated her because she told a lie( accused her dad of sexual abusing her) that destroyed the happy home. The Will was drafted properly and witnessed.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Solicitor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Hi, I thought the question would be answered quickly has there were solicitors on line at the time. It's a long wait for something I need to reply to tomorrow. Josephine
Solicitor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Your question is open to all Experts.
Thank you for your response.
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor

Thank you for the question.

It would be up to your Partner who to choose to represent them - not the solicitors.

The solicitors have no say in the matter - they will want to avoid a complaint and any referral the SRA.

The medical records should never be put on the internet as they are privileged documents, not to mention private and confidential.

Please let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Best wishes,

Jim

Hi, sorry to get back to you so late. Thank you so much, I was beginning to think I was going mad. My partner has become very unwell because of this matter to the point of what's it all about? - we've got doctor's involved now. Just in anticipation I've got ready for court, my bundles are ready, all the witnesses statements and transcrips of my sister-in-law saying she never wanted to put a caveat on but her solicitors told her that mum suffered from an affective disorders because she lost my eldest Sister In Law months earlier. It was only by lucky that it was recorded. Her solicitors has now accused me of wasting time , I've had two judges look at my summary and skeletal statement . They seem to think I'm dreaming no one would go to court
if they have no evidence. Her solicitors have also said I'm too aggressive- why do I want to go to court but we are fed up of the harassing emails bullying tactics and dreadful phone calls to other members of the family that have given statement to support our case . I did point out to him that there is no financial gain for me in this matter unlike himself, and he had prolonged the case . It took him 4weeks before he told us why they had put the caveat on and that was because I had issued a warning. It's been a long time since I did any legal running around and in another country at that. I would like to keep in touch - I'll pay but knowing there's someone I can talk to is brilliant. Thanks