UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

L brought carbon credits a few years ago and the transaction…

Customer Question
Hi l brought carbon...

Hi l brought carbon credits a few years ago and the transaction went through Colemans-ctts who did not advise me that carbon credits was not suitable for private investors and their is major risk that carbon credit sold to induvudual cannot be sold can l claim back my lost from Colemans-ctt

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or the States? It matters because laws vary by location.

In the UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Not any was not sure my course of action l have been approached from a company who state they recover part or whole of my funds

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Law
3/29/2018
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much did you invest and who says it is unsuitable ?

l have researched and l am unable to sell my carbon credits, the companies l brought them from have dissolved the amount of credits l brought was £37k
you there

Have you complained to the FCA or Ombudsman?

What did they say?

They just registered my complaint and added ti their list

Who was the complaint against?

The companies who sold the carbon credits but since there not around Coleman were the lawyers and they should have had a duty of care?
can l claim against the lawyer?

Did you ask them for advice or were they instructed just deal deal with the transaction?

They just dealt with the transaction but all the companies was scamming there customers

Ok - so you did not ask them for advice?
Did you complain to the Legal Ombudsman about them?