UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I had a restraining order put on me in June last year for 2…

Customer Question
I had a restraining...

I had a restraining order put on me in June last year for 2 years but it was in Spain. I have returned to the u.k and would like to lift the order

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Spanish family court?

I signed a lot of papers in court but they were in Spanish, and I was in shock and did not know what I was signing

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I breached the first restraining order without knowing and was put in a Spanish prison for 7 months My wife and stepdaughter who made the complaint that got me put in prison, left Spain while I was still in prison and went to live on the Isle of Lewis u.k and took everything from me including my passport and I had to get a tempory one to return

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: UK Law
3/29/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 22 days ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Was this imposed in the UK?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No it was in Spain

Not my area then.

I will opt out for others.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thanks for nothing. I hope I get a refund
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer