UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am claimant and. I have received a letter from the court,

Hi Jim. I am claimant...
Hi Jim. I am claimant and my name is***** have received a letter from the court, but I can't understand the contents. Can you explain it to me? Is it the court completed the N39 form and hand it to the defendant (or officer), or do I need to fill in the N39 form and hand it to the defendant (or officer)? I am confused about this issue. Also if the court did not send me the second N39 form before the date for questioning to me, how can I sign the affidavit before the lawyer? Please give me a help. Please see the attachments. Thank you.
3/28/2018
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Hello, the court has sent you two orders - one of which you now need to serve the debtor with in person.Once you have done that, you need to take the other order plus form EX550 and have it verified to confirm when and where you effected service on the debtor.Does this make sense?
Hi Jim. I haven't receive two orders of N39 form. What should I to serve the debtor with in person? I can't find the defendant, and he doesn't have a lawyer. Also I pay done ready of the court fee to the CCMCC. What should I to do now? Thank you.
If the defendant’s whereabouts are now known, an N39 form cannot be served - it usually has to be served on a defendant in person. In this scenario your best course of action is to contact the court again and ask for guidance as there’s not much that you can do if the defendant has disappeared (they need to be served in person for an order to attend for questioning)
Hi Jim. Is it the court completed the N39 form then send it to me or I need to do it myself? Thank you.
They sent it to you to complete the details and serve. You should ring the court and ask for guidance if the defendant is untraceable. The court should be able to offer further assistance
Hi Jim. Thank you of your help.
No problem, please rate the help you’ve had if possible. Thanks again and have a good dayJ
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor