UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a pub at a next to a caravan park we have started…

Customer Question
HiI have a pub at...
HiI have a pub at a next to a caravan park
we have started bingo up fort the holiday makersbut they want to bring their children (under the age of 18), can children play there parents bingo books. children would not be allowed to buy the bingo books or claim the prizes. would this be OK
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Law
3/23/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 1 month ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant

Hello, thank you for the question.

Bingo can be played for cash or other prizes, however, under the current legislation, children can be in the premises but cannot play bingo, which includes not being allowed to use the bingo books.

They can buy the books and claim the prizes but cannot actively use the books as this constitutes gambling under the Gambling Commission Rules and under the Gambling Act.

I hope this answers your question.

Please rate my answer and have a good day.

Regards,

J

JimLawyer
JimLawyer