UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Possibly. Uk. None. Threat to kill. Police investigation…

Customer Question
Uk Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Threat to kill. Police investigation.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Law
3/23/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 1 month ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Can you explain exactly what has occurred please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Issue: Threat to Kill/Affray
I had dispute with a person during the period of 28-09 to 01.10.
1. Alleged Affray investigation: First he claimed that I hit security guard in the shop on 01.10.18 but police has taken no further action after 4 months. Then he claimed that I threatened to kill him on 29.09.18 allegedly having one witness and on 30.09.18 allegedly on of his workers claimed I had a knife. Status of that investigation isn't clear. I think I have neutral witness, but the person isn't really 'clean' - a beggar standing on the corner but drug addict with previous convictions. On 13.02.2018 he came in front of my house threatening, attempting to steal my car but was stopped by the witness (reliable one) and he threatened to 'do' me, what is criminal expression for 'kill someone'.
2. Alleged Threat to kill investigation. Allegedly, on Sunday, 18.02.2018 I was passing by the shop (I pass by every day on the way to underground station) and he saw me; he seen me from the distance and gave me a middle finger (as many times before). I came closer and he started with insults I told him not to behave like a child and to f**k off and went away. Next day, he reported that I said that I shall 'brake all his bones' and that I said 'I shall kill you'. Police did not present any witness statements; it is under investigation. When asked, I said that I am not sure which event they are referring to (and I wasn't sure since he was stalking me and harassing me for some time) since he was provocative on many occasions and I am passing by frequently and that I normally ignore his provocations (possibly pause walking and tell him to start behaving like grown up man or similar). At the moment, he has no witnesses for those trumped up charges but someone was in the shop and I do not know how much that security guard heard - person is on payroll and I wouldn't be surprised that she would be lying to his advantage. Again, I have to check for independent witnesses.
I am interested in possible connection between case 1 and 2 and possible prospect of charges (so far CPS has rejected to charge)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ask for more if you need it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to go out. I shall try to check for your email on my mobile.

Ok. Are you asking what sentence you will face?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Prospects of sucessful persecution if cases get merged.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or options for defense.

Why should they be joined?

They are different offences on different dates?

Different witnesses?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What grounds to look into as an option for defense.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
different, but I hope they can't be used as an example of intention, seriousnes for a person to believe that he is in real danger.

So why should these be joined?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are giving ambiguous answers. I do not like youur style. I am an amateur and need simple and clear answers.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
See my conversation. Only clear answers please.

I need the information I asked for?

I can't really make this any more simple. All seems pretty clear.

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer