UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I got married to British Now we are separated since November…

Hi I got married to...
Hi I got married to British Now we are separated since November 2015 he is asking the divorce He wants me to give the married certificate But still need to divorce in Brazil He likes to be in control So I don’t know what to do I need some advice first We got 2 kids Could please give some advice on what best way Thank you very much Tharisa
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant

Hi, you can divorce in the UK based on two years' separation by consent, so if he wants to divorce too, you can petition for divorce now as it's been more than two years since you separated. Do you want to divorce him by the way?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
definitely do But The only thing I don’t want to give him half custody Is the divorce can he do anything about it ?
Do you live in the uk with the children? If so, it’s likely that if you divorce, the court will let you have sole custody of the children and your ex husband would have visiting rights as he would have shared parental responsibility

Hi, I await hearing from you

Kind regards,

J

JimLawyer
JimLawyer
JimLawyer