UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have suspended my eviction order on nov last. The house is…

Hi I have suspended...

Hi I have suspended my eviction order on nov last. The house is in sale now but under contract as of now I have benching the court

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or the States? It matters because laws vary by location.

Uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

The house is in sale. Conveyancing process is going on

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing

The warrant for possession suspended till 23feb 18
3/22/2018
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will hello you with this

On what basis was it suspended?

I have attached the court order

Ok to pay the arrears. Did you?

No, I haven't got the money but the house is on sales for 252000 I have 115000 equity in the house. Conveyancing process is going on. So I just need some more to finish off this sale properly...

Has there been an offer on it?

How far has that process got?

Buyer's solicitor is waiting for local searches. All the process started on 26/1

Ok, you need to apply to suspend the warrant a final time.

You need to do this using form n244

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n244-eng.pdf

The court will list for an urgent hearing. But you need to take evidence of the sale. If you don’t, then it won’t be suspended.

But apply to set aside. Make sure you have submitted all your evidence to court beforehand.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I haven't received the court order so far. I called to the court to check status of my case they told me the case has not reached the judge for hearing as of today.1.So can I go ahead with this n244 form without the courts order
2. How long do I get it. It's normally 21 days from date of hearing.

1. Yes you need the n244 once you get a date for eviction. You don’t need to apply for it yet, not until you get an eviction date.

2. No, it can be shorter.

Does that clarify?

How shorter it will be any idea?
The house is not under contract... will it be ok...

I don’t know - it is really down to the court about listing.

As for it being under contract - a sale helps, under contract is better. It does not harm your case, it it would be better if it was under contract.

Does that clarify?

Thanks for your timely help....

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor