UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I require specific legal advice and guidance on how to

Good Afternoon. I require...

Good Afternoon. I require specific legal advice and guidance on how to administer and apply a lien in the UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or the States? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in the UK and the person/company I am in dispute with is also in the UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Last Friday 16/3/18 I verbally advised the person that I am going to apply a lien

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I was contemplating doing it myself however the debt is quite large £59,025. What are your fees ?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

£5 now is ok - but what is ' the rest '

3/21/2018
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When would the solicitor be able call me ? Are you based in the USA or the UK ?
Phone call session started

Uk. I can call but it will be a few hours, as I have just been called into Court.

Let me know when you are free this evening.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for quick reply - I am free up until 19:00 today - please respond with an approx time window when you will call and I'll keep my telephone line free

Thanks. Probably be towards the 1830 - 1900 time as I will be on the train from Court.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK good - no later that 1900 please
You'll need to put a ' 0 ' at the beginning of the number i gave you

Dont worry, I gathered that!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jamie - Thank you for asking Alex to call me yesterday evening. He was very helpful however the phone line wasn't great and the conversation was a bit difficult and also I was pushed for time. Please could you ask him to call me again as I have a supplementary question(s). You could call if you would like but as he has already started on my case it maybe expedient if he where to continue - thanks, Glen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jamie or Alex - did you receive my earlier message sent at 13.27 today ? Could either of you call me back today please - please suggest a time and I will make myself available - thank you

Can you provide your number again?

I will try and call later.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please advise approx what time will you call, thanks

Within an hour.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Alex,
Do you require me to redact signatures as well as names and addresses ?
I can't find a paper clip icon on this reply page to attach the photos of the documents - do you have an email address I can use to send docs- thank you

Names and addresses

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have sent the reacted documents to***@******.***
I'm not sure if you will be able to view them - please advise if you can.
If you can't please advise email address where I can send them to you plus a short explanation of what I think is the issue
Thanks

They take around 24 hours or so for them to be forwarded to me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Alex, Hopefully you will receive and be able to read the loan document shortly.In Summary my claim is as follows:The loan document was signed by myself and Mr Alistair Cowie when I loaned his company UK Motor Home Hire Co Ltd
( UKMH ) £50,000 on 17/11/2011.
This was witnessed by the company accountant Mr Ian Walsh.
Through various twists and turns of trading over the years the amount loaned has increased, with my agreement, to currently stand at a loan to £59,000.
Myself and Alistair agree that the amount I have loaned to him is £59,000.
This money was not ' invested ' or ' gifted ' by me.
This was specifically a loan to UKMH and in point 9 of the agreement I can request repayment on demand in 3 months.
I am a 50% shareholder and Mr Cowie ( on behalf of UKMH ) is a 50% shareholder of AAC Leisure Ltd.
With my agreement the money I loaned to UKMH was to be used for working capital by AAC Leisure Ltd.
Mr Cowie would like to think that because UKMH and AAC are limited companies the liability for repayment of the loan is with AAC.
I have requested re-payment by UKMH of £59,000 and this has been declined
We have tried to solve this amicably and used the accountant, Mr Walsh as an intermediary.
AAC has accumulated losses of £30,000 thus Mr Cowie thinks I am only entitled to 50% of £59k less £30k i.e. £14.5k
Alex - please advise what you think asapA quick phone call to me ( 07767 641355 ) would be preferred - thank you, Glen
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Dear Jamie/Alex,
Have you received the contract documents yet ?
Please respond after reading my explanation about the issue above. I would prefer a quick phone call asap (***********)
Thank you Glen

Ive had them but the resolution is too small.
Can you re-send but better?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK thanks - I will - for speed to avoid another 24 hour delay ( or longer ) please can you give me your direct email address
thanks

Try and just upload as a PDF

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor