UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Wjhat is the test for perverting the cause of justice in…

Customer Question
Hi wjhat is the...

Hi wjhat is the test for perverting the cause of justice in civil law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or the States? It matters because laws vary by location.

England

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I had a employment hearing at work as a grievance, before the grievance my manager came up with complaint made under a policy and the cause of action he suggested was mediation which is only a cause of action in the grievance...the person who heard my grievance at the hearing would not tell me his relationship with my line manager and it turned out when I received feedback from the grievance hearing the person who took the grievance was in fact my line manager's line manager which under acas is not best practice and the person who heard the grieavance asked me a few unfair questions which I pointed out and he retracted at the hearing..so I am appealing on the grounds (1) the investigator approach appears or gives the impression that he has perverted the cause of justice (a) in the administration of justice and (2) my line manager preverted the cause of justice in intimidating me during the grievance

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do i pay for this?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Law
3/21/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 4 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hi thanks for the question, please bear with me and I will reply shortly.Best wishes,J
Hello, it’s a question for the court as to whether there has been a situation which perverts the course of justice.Normally the court and tribunal considers the facts and whether there has been conduct which obstruction the administration of justice - there appears to have been that situation in your case and you can raise this before the tribunal. The tribunal can order either that the employer’s conduct has been such that you should be awarded agggavated damages and / or order them in contempt of court which could mean essentially a serous fine or even a custodial sentence for the perpetrator at your employers.I hope the above helps - please let me know if I can assist further. If you can rate the answer.Best wishes,J
Hi happy to help further if required. If not could you please rate the answer. Many thanks
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 3 months ago

Hi there, if you could leave me a rating, I would be most grateful

J