UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I would like to ask. What are the implications of changing…

HelloI would like to ask...
HelloI would like to ask. What are the implications of changing business name ( regarding the company house, contracts already signed under current legal name, etc....)? My business currently has one legal name and one trading (franchising name). In the future I am planning to don't use franchise company and just keep my legal company name. But I would like to amend my legal name now to something similar to franchise name, so I can use the similar theme for website, letter heads..etc in the future.Thank you for any advice
3/20/2018
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is it the same Company number, just the name changing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Jamie-LawYes, correct. Just the change in the name, everything ells is the same (activity, etc...).
Thank you

Same company number, then you don't need to do anything.

You inform Companies House.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/change-a-company-name-nm01

The name is ***** ***** keep the same number.

All your contracts remain the same, as they are with the same Company.

Just inform your bank and the contracts that the Co name as changed.

You do not need to do anything else.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much for a great advice. Sure, I will give you 5-stars ;-) .
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor