UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Some one was left a inheritance but not retrievable untill a…

Some one was left...

Some one was left a inheritance but not retrievable untill a certain age unless they get a beneficiary. Is this possible

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

This is in the u.k. I know different country just curious if anyone knew about this sort of arrangement before

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Copy of the will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really

3/19/2018
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

How do you mean to" get a beneficiary"?

Does it say they will inherit if they reach a certain age or marry earlier?

Michael

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They will inherit at a certain age or get a beneficiary meaning marriage I assume
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It states I leave my daughter Nichole a gift box containing $ deposited with union of treasure security company all documents associated with this are in the hands of my attorny. She will receive at the age of 40 or get a beneficiary

It is not a common phrase in UK law and as such I cannot be conclusive but it appears that the intention is that she will receive the amount at 40 or , if she has predeceased , her beneficiary (husband and/or child ) will take the gift instead.

Apart from the gift being somewhat vague there is no reason why a gift cannot be given this way. It is common to leave money subject to the beneficiary reaching a certain age, usually 18 or 25, with a substitutional gift should the person named predecease.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly accept my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is alive but needs a husband or be engaged
Michael Holly
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor