UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Uk. None...my partner just died 4 weeks ago:..he was

Uk Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None...my partner just died 4 weeks ago:..he was diagnosed with cancer last year...he has taken out a car lease before we got married...we got married in dec 14

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Now I have informed alphera the financial company and they say I have just slipped into his place and gave me 3 options

the car lease company has been informed and said I just slipped into his place and are giving three options now to deal with the lease...none of them are affordable for me as a single
Mom. No estate is been left by my partner and so I am not I. The position to keep the car or follow their demands and also I don’t see how I can be made responsible for something I never had anything to d with
3/18/2018
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Have you said you wish to return the car?

No I just informed them and the send me a letter with the different options...so I can either continue with lease, buy it or end lease early with paying 6000 and a bit to get out of it
There is no estate left in My partners name so I guess the will just take the car?!?

They are not correct when they say that you "slip into his place" - that is nonsense - you are not on the agreement and you certainly do not inherit the arrangement.

If you do not wish to keep the car then you can simply ask them to collect it - and since there are no assets in the Estate there are no funds they can try and claim.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare
Clare, Solicitor