UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I need to understand 7 questions on a consent order relating…

I need to understand 7...
I need to understand 7 questions on a consent order relating to a judgment that has been set aside - Relating to a liability case which my dog was allegedly involved in an RTA
3/15/2018
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jamie.Long story short. My dog was allegedly run over and the company who owned the car sent me a bill for 7.5 hrd of body work and 9 hours of paint work as well as the excess of over £1,000 on their insurance. I told the insurer that I would pay some of the costs as a gesture of goodwill but as no admission of liability. I said that I would not pay the whole amount as I contested that the dog had been knocked over at all and certainly not on the main road. I also contested that unless there were independent witnesses or a police report they were wrong to send me a bill without in advance detailing to me what work was to be undertaken to the vehicle or without giving me the opportunity to get a second opinion of the damage/cost of repair.I didnt hear back from the insurers only from their appointed solicitor. I told the solicitor the same as I told the insurer.The next thing I heard was that I was to pay £4,000.00 of associated costs as the solicitor had taken me to the small money claims court. Apparently I had a court date set but did not receive the letter and they then appointed a bailiff to collect. I applied for the judgement to be set aside and then received a letter from the solicitor stating the following:-We are agreeable for the judgement to be set aside and the writ of control be stayed until the court orders otherwise, the hearing scheduled for the 3rd of April be vacated, the claimant serves the amended claim for and the particulars of a claim on you, you file a formal defence and this matter proceed to a liability hearing to resolve liability.We have drafted a consent order outlining the above and a copy is enclosed.They have asked me to sign and return but I dont clearly understand the particulars of the consent order
Phone call session started

I will call shortly - may show as withheld

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you

No problem.

What is your number as I dont think its right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
07866 921723

Thanks

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor