UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My partner has a decree or CCJ on his credit file and

Customer Question
My partner has a...

My partner has a decree or CCJ on his credit file and company the money is owed to dissolved in August 2017. He is trying to get this debt removed from his credit file and does not know where he goes from here! Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

He was not aware of it until a credit check was done last year and has been in place since 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

No action so far - he was hoping to settle this at the end of the month but there’s nobody to settle it with. Ideal outcome is to have it removed from credit file ASAP as we are applying to rent a property

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Law
3/12/2018
Solicitor: JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant replied 4 months ago
JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Senior Associate & Consultant
Hi and thanks for the question. If the company went bust you can still pay into the court and will have to pay a fee (if you ring the county court and speak to the district judges section they should be able to guide you here).If you wait more than a month before paying it, unfortunately this won’t remove the CCJ from your partner’s credit record. It will however mean that the CCJ is marked as ‘satisfied’, which will make it easier for him to obtain credit. The CCJ will still be on the register, but credit checks will also show that he paid it, albeit not on time.Also bear in mind that even if the CCJ was paid tomorrow it would take a few weeks to show in the credit file that it is satisfied.If your rent a property you could always use a guarantor in this scenario.I hope the above helps and I have answered your query.Please click accept and have a nice eveningRegards,J
Hi, if you could please accept my answer, many thanks