UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am charged with disorderly obstructing an officer and

Customer Question
Hi I am charged with...
Hi I am charged with drunken disorderly obstructing an officer and assault as I apparently knocked him with my elbow not inttentialy can you help?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Law
3/11/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 4 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know about this please?

Im in the UK and would like to know what the outcome may be please
Are you still there?

Are you sure this is not assault on pc?

assault on a constable as I resisted and when I turned to run he says I knocked him with my elbow but witnesses say I didn't assault if I did knock him it was by total accident thanks for the reply
He wasn't injured
My friend was being arrested and I was trying to ask them not to I then swore and they tried to arrest me for drunken disorderly I was just running round me in circles and when I turned to run he said I've caught him with my elbow but I did not do it intentilly
I've never been in trouble for more than 5 year I have my own business with 1 employee and a child on the way

Does that meant you do have convictions that are five years old?

Yeah

For what?

I have a recorded phone from a door man working there and he said he never seen me assault him there's cctv but I've not been able to get my solicitor needs to get but I've not got one yet in interview they said I knocked him wi
With my elbow but i didn't realise I had I must have knocked him as I turned round and ran it wasn't violent or intentional

What were your convictions for?

I do have a common assault years ago theft of diesel nothing to serious
Thanks for the help
I got community order tht I completed for the assault but I litteraly just rubbed against him by accident

Presuming you are sentenced on your version of events, I would expect a low level community order.

This is an assault upon a person acting in the course of their duty which is an aggravating feature obviously.

However, it is not the worst assault and you have fairly limited antecedence.

It is too serious for a fine but not serious enough for custody.

There will probably be costs of £85 but I can't imagine compensation.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Is it worth peading not guilty I really need the cctv jusf fir the assault as I done this k I did n if I did it was not intended I I have a phone call from a witness stating I didn't assault him in fact more than one witness I need the cctv
But I have a recorded phone call staying he did not see me assault him how can I get the cctv

You see to accept doing this?

How did it come about?

I contacted the pub from where it happened and I called him for the cctv and on the phone calls he states he did not see me assault him and so did other door staff but I need a sploivitir to get the cctv so I called back up and my phone records calls and in the phone he states he didntvsee me assault him may they not drop the assault and charge me with the other ?
I did not mean to knock him with my elbimow as I turned i must of just brushed his arm as I turned I would never assault a police officer it so stressfull

What were you doing at the time ?

How did you come to knock him?