UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Im involved in a case were I've been acussed of hitting my…

Im involved in a...

Im involved in a case were I've been acussed of hitting my daughter I've been in for a interview under caution etc but I'm fed up of waiting around what will happen now

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

United kingdom England

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

I've been questioned by the police it was taped but a voluntary interview under caution I want to know the next steps an what is the likely hood an outcomes

2/18/2018
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

How can I help with this please?

I've been in for a voluntary interview under caution there is a investigation going on regarding a mark on my daughters face I want to know why it's taking so long an what are the outcomes

The police rather than social services I presume?

The social were already involved but yeah the police are investigating it
Why is it taking so long an what's the likely hood this will go to court or get nfa

Obviously I will have no way of knowing whether they will NFA it?

I cannot say what their intentions are.

Well what happens in most cases like this an you must be able to tell me the outcomes an why is it taking so long

Yes, the outcomes are either NFA, charge or rebail.

All cases end in one of those ways.

Cases turns upon their facts.

In fairness, you haven't said how long it is taking. It might very well be a fairly short period of time.

An what facts do they go on please an it's been two months

Two months is nothing even remotely like a long time in the course of a child cruelty investigation. In fact, it hasn't been two months anyway as the police have only just interviewed. They would fairly recently have received the report.

Obviously the facts of each case are different. That is why they are called facts. Since you have just been interviewed you will know what they are as they would have been put to you in interview.

Well it feels long this is my daughter how many more months am I going to have to wait an it's been three months before hand of me being interviewed so what are the next steps

I will have no way of knowing the intentions of these officers.

They may be getting CPS advice which would normally take 28 days or they may be investigating further. It depends whether your interview has given rise to anything.

They is a duty to investigate.

In any event, the police are not preventing access to your daughter. Social services are. It doesn't matter what happens with the police investigation.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

I'm having supervised visits but I want my daughter back in my care will this depend on the outcome of what CPS an the police say an how will I be informed of the decision

...

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Not helpful can you answer my question an then I will rate you

This is the choosing of social services not the police.

The decision of the police won't alter that although obviously not being charged is better than being charged.

what can I do on illegal side to try an get my daughter back home with me

It is really a case of engaging with them.

Social services will ultimately give in but they aren't going to do it without properly assessing the risks.

I'm afraid that can be a very slow process. Two months is not a long time at all.

if I tell my social worker I want my daughter back in my care will they work with me on doing that an I know but feels like a life time .an what does CPS go on x

CPS will consider the facts of the case which I will have no way of knowing.

I would imagine it is witness testimony.

Photos of my daughter having a mark on her face taken by my exs sister an they have had a statement of Stacey aswell

well, they're going to want an explanation for how she came by any injury.

Yeah I've now been told CPS has got the case so could you give me information on what happens now xx

CPS advice which would normally take 28 days.

What will happen now is that either you will be charged, re-bailed or NFAed

I cannot predict which one they will go for.