UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

A wile ago i had my power tools stolen from the company van…

Customer Question
A wile ago i...

A wile ago i had my power tools stolen from the company van the doors wouldnt lock all the time. Id told them 6 months before about the doors who is liable to replace them

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

They said theyd replace them it happend on 7 november not had a thing and get fobed off when i ask

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
2/15/2018
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are the tools yours?

all were mine

On the basis you told them it was faulty and they did nothing about it, then work are liable.

This is assuming they can’t claim on their insurance.

But they are liable. They knew.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I reported the back door locks wouldnt work 6 moths before it happend

Ok. Then they are liable.

Does that clairfy?

How would i go about getting it back off them they evan had the crime number and when ive asked for it they diidnt evan reply.
Ive kept all emails and texts they said theyd replace them but its been 17 weeks now

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Could i take it to my union to sort it out gmbe

You could try but this would be a Civil small claim

Does that clarify?

Theres things like they wont buy any employee boots trousers they say its company policy not to but if i do thos they will try to get rid of me any way they can

I can help you with the debt part. You asked for advice on who was liable.

I have provided advice in relation to that problem.

Does that assist?