UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been given a red light ticket. the letter states that…

I have been given...

I have been given a red light ticket. the letter states that time into red 1 sec. I will be confirming that I was driving the car at the time. what will I get?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

London, United kingdom.

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

I just received the initial notice of intended prosecution letter where I have to declare whether i am the driver or not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

First offence. clean license for 13 yrs.

2/12/2018
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi what is the charge number please?

Where do I locate that?
Where do I locate the charge number?
is that the reference number?
hello?
Are you still there?

No, that was meant for another post.

is this S36 RTA 1988?

That will be on the letter.

Is this a NIP ?

it is a NIP
0013050114405720

Ok.

Does it refer to careless driving or S36 RTA?

Which?

Sorry. it's S36 RTA.

Thanks.

If this is S36 RTA 1988 then it should only attract 3 points and a fine.

you may well get the conditional fixed penalty or the red light awareness course.

Unless you have 9 points on your licence this will not affect you.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

No. Thanks for the information.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister