UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can I claim compensation from the police as i have been on…

Can I claim compensation...

Can I claim compensation from the police as i have been on bail for 3 years and two months i have been notified that I can collect my property but not had an explanation that the case has been dropped

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

I have been notified that I can collect my possessions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I lost my job and have been left with this bail hanging over me

I have not been notified that the police have dropped the investigation and I have chased a number of times over the last three years to get my property returned, then out of the blue I received a letter saying to arrange to pick up my property.
1/23/2018
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Sadly not. At present there is no time limit to which the police can keep you on bail.

The government are looking to change the law, but it has not yet been done.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
I understood the law was changed last year by the current government to reduce bail time to 28 days.
is There anything I can do as not even a response to say case closed against me

Sadly not.