UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

How do you get the opposing side to admit something so that…

Customer Question
How do you get the...
How do you get the opposing side to admit something so that you don’t have to prove it in court ?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Law
1/18/2018
Solicitor: LegalGems,
 replied 6 months ago
LegalGems

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Okay
Solicitor: LegalGems,
 replied 6 months ago

There are several ways in which to do so;

for example the party seeking the information may send "request for admissions" which ask the other party to "admit" or "deny" the statement;

another option is the "deposition" whereby the person will be essentially interrogated by the attorney, and the attorney may ask anything that is relevant, or may result in relevant information, to the underlying litigation.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars *****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Is this English Law ?
if so, what cpr covers admissions or witness examination
Solicitor: LegalGems,
 replied 6 months ago

No; I'm sorry-this is placed in the US forum; let me have this recategorized; please do not respond to this as that will result in a delay as it will put it back in my queue.

Thank you!

It doesn’t seem to have been recategorised