UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My ex wife is wanting to take our 4 year old daughter on…

Hi, my ex wife...

Hi, my ex wife is wanting to take our 4 year old daughter on holiday, that in it's self I have no issues with. I have asked my ex wife for a child travel consent form outlining details of the holiday including travel details and contact numbers. She has refused to tell me anything besides for the dates. What can I do and where do I stand in this matter?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not at this time, I have tried to talk to my ex wife to explain my issues and worry

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I have also tried to go via a third party mutual friend to see if that would help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in the UK.

1/17/2018
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

where are they going?

As far as I am aware but can't confirm it's a holiday to France over the Easter period.
And like I have said I have no issues with her taking our daughter on holiday I am just wanting details so I know where my daughter is...
From a court’s perspective your request is perfectly reasonable. The court would order either parent to notify the other of the holiday in advance, give contact details and often also allow for the occasional telephone call or FaceTime. There is a very helpful book on this topic which would also explain your rights - which might be of help to you going forward. To help I ave attached the link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X very happy to discuss and please rate positive.
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate