UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Ben, I live on an unadopted highway near a train station.

Customer Question
Hello Ben, I live on...
Hello Ben, I live on an unadopted highway near a train station. Residents are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep for the road (upto middle and width of property) However, it's a highway and there local council have parking restrictions in place during the week for a 1 hour period. To stop commuter parking. However, we still get lots of weekday parking post the restriction. And there are no restrictions during the weekend.
I'm attempting to get the council to implement more parking restrictions.
Do I have any standing from a legal perspective with parking parking on my road. Who has the right to assign parking restrictions. The council are happy to have taken thousands of pounds in PCNS etc.
My thanks
Rob
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
1/16/2018
Solicitor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 7 months ago
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.
OK, my thanks
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Thanks for requesting me - unfortunately this is a question which is not within my area of law. I will open to it to all other experts and someone will hopefully pick it up soon. Please do not reply to this as it will just lock the question back to me. Many thanks