UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

When I file for small claims court in London and date set,

Customer Question
what if i can’t be...
When I file for small claims court in London and date set, what if i can’t be there as I am working overseas? Can I ask someone to act on my behalf?The reason for not filing at the moment as I have a few small claims to work done but not paid but being overseas I am not sure whether I should wait until I am working back in UK as my contract in EU could last for years.The contract is for 4 months work. But Agency refuses to pay for last 11 days worked (paid first two months), argue that End Client is only willing to pay for 1 day, even though after timesheet has already been approved for last 5 days from End Client timesheet portal. End Client later argue work is not up to their standards which is basically not true as work was in progressAfter End Client terminated Contract early without getting the last 11 days paid, they later said that if problems of work to be completed could be fixed then they will pay, but now I am in another contract so it is not possible to continue when they terminated.Agency claims that I should be professional and finish work to high standard but how could End client terminate and not pay someone for last 11 days, and claim that until work is working to their spec then they pay. So really it is no pay until I end up working for unknown hours until their standard is reached ? Is this unfair software IT Contract ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
1/16/2018
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you completed a directions questionnaire yet?

No what is direction questionnaire

It is a document to help the Judge manage the case.

That is ok - as you are asked dates to avoid.

As such, you can put the dates not to list. So then you can have the trial when you are in the UK.

Therefore you do not need to worry about it.

Or you can submit the evidence and ask the Court to hear it in your absence.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.