UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I’ve been asked to go to an interveiw under caution for

Customer Question
Hi I’ve been asked...

Hi I’ve been asked to go to an interveiw under caution for suspected benefit fraud. What it was is I applied for housing benefit that I am entitled to as single mum and working tax. But what I didn’t realise is I started working on the bank at the hospital and didn’t inform them of this so obviously tv got in touch with the council and told them I was working but because it’s not regular work I didn’t think it would effect the benefit entitlement now I’ve been overpaid 800 pound which I’ve agreed to pay back. I’m just worried I’ll get prosecuted for my own mistake

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Chorley Lancashire

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I rang up straight away on the day I got the letter and explained also that I had been under a lot of stress and that I’m really sorry I just didn’t even think it would effect my benefit and I agreed their and then £50 a month to pay back and she said that was fine and I have it confirmed. In writing .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just that is like some advice on this as have an interview under caution on the 22nd January over this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
1/15/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi for background this is the only time you have been asked for interview?