UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I am a part owner of a business in the UK. what documents…

Customer Question
I am a part...

I am a part owner of a business in the UK. I am American what documents would I need so I can stay in the UK or in Europe. Also I have been in Paris for about 2 months. I also just took an apartment in Paris. My business is virtual and I receive most of my compensation from the US. What can I do so I could stay longer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

State? California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also my partner is French and she has US, French and Canadian Passports. Residency in the US. She is the other owner of the UK Business. She is 90 owner me 10%. We were married once but never split up. We have been together for 30 years. We could get married if we need to. The company in the UK is a Limited. We are both directors
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is getting ready to change residency to France.
Answered in 3 days by:
1/11/2018
Solicitor: frantzgregory, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
frantzgregory

Thank you for your question

My name is Frantz

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Does partner currently work in France or intends to

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry but I never saw your reply.The partner wants to change her residency to France. We were married for 10 years, got divorced but always stayed together. She was born in France (Dominique Luchart) and has US, France and Canadian passports. Presently her residency is in the US but she wants to make her residency in France or somewhere in Europe permanent home. We have opened a UK company a Limited. She is 90% owner me 10% We are launching a media company in the UK entity. most of our work is completed virtually.

I see. As you are now divorced you cannot rely on EU law to reside in the UK or Europe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in France right now so American Express stopped the payment due to fraud alert. I have corrected this. please try the card again. Thanks

You would need to make the request again and I can accept

frantzgregory
frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer