UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can i go to court after suffering domestic abuse by my wife for last 7 years…

Customer Question
Can i go to court...
Can i go to court after suffering domestic abuse by my wife for last 7 years
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
1/4/2018
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Can you explain your situation a little more?

To get justice. My wife have been verbally abusing me since our marriage and her coming to UK . I have tried several times to descalate the rows we had and then I decided to work in distant places but recently she abused me again . I wonder how to get justice

If you meant that she says unpleasant things during arguments then that is not against the law. We all have rows. They are unpleasant. They are part of a relationship. If they are unacceptable to you then you are perfectly free to leave of course. That does not give you a cause of action in law.

if it is worse than that then you may be able to report it to the police.

Can I clarify anything for you? If you can ask a clearer question I may be able to offer more.

Jo