UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

How may someone get for a prolonged domestic violence attach…

Customer Question
Hi there how long...

Hi there how long may someone get for a prolonged domestic violence attach while their baby was in his bed asleep first offence for the offender the victim suffered bad bruises to her face,head, arms and skull

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?

UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

The police as involved the offender is on the run at the moment . I'm hoping for a custodial sentence though not sure that will happen as it is a first offence

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thsts everything

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 1 month ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Is this a common assault?

If so, there is no prospect of a custodial sentence I'm afraid. I haven't had full vision of the case but people don't go to prison on first offences until they are grave offences.

I can see aggravating features here but not enough to lead to custody.

Even if it is an ABH it would probably be a community order or a suspended sentence i"m afraid.

I am sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was a attack on his child's mother for roughly 4 hours continuously punched and kicked while his child was in the same house he has serious anger problems police have came and took photos of the injuries
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As this is a serious domestic assault police are treating is very serious

They probably are. Their current policy is to take photographs of injuries.

It is still not going to lead to custody on a first offence.

Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister