UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I need to know how do i protect my domain? Im in the UK W…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how do i protect my domain?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Im in the UK W have just created our domains and set up with companies house although we are not trading yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes the company with companies house

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just about protecting our domain and trademark registration

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

i have set up a company which will mainly bee Web portal based and i need to know how i trade mark and protect my business idea and domains
i am based in the UK
is this service for US?

You don't need to Trade Mark if you do not want to. It does not give you any less protection.

If you set up a business, no one can copy the name in the same sector.

You can't stop someone doing the same idea. For example you have google, yahoo, bing for search engines etc.

You can protect what you do, logos etc.

But I would not go to the expense of having a mark, as if you can show you did it first, then a Court would uphold a claim for you.

But if you do want to Trademark you can do it here:

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark

Yes, I am based in the UK, although the site is USA owned.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor