UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My son completed a driving licence form in 2005. He did not…

Customer Question
My son completed a driving...
My son completed a driving licence form in 2005. He did not tuck that he had previously held a license in another name. In 2012 he completed forms for his th I check for his green card. All was revealed to them. The st a are now looking to charge him with perjury ? Is this covered under the statute of limitations? He is in CA.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

I am sorry but perjury is not.

It is an indictable only offence so can only be tried at the crown court and is not therefore time barred.

I am sorry but there is no way around it.

I'm very sorry.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Hi No
Thank you for your timely response. Are you saying that even though he revealed all to the FBI for his checks and they then became aware that he had an alias from he arrived in USA, he can still be charged for not ticking the form which only came to light this year ?
Thank you
Sorry Jo !

Are you in the States?

I am in the UK.

Although actually, as a question of fact, if he is using a different name without tell them then that can amount to perjury. Depends what declarations he signed but if he made a false assertion on oath then that is perjury.