UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I bought a property last year and this year my mother came…

Customer Question
Hi, i bought a property last...
i bought a property last year and this year my mother came to visit but she chooses to stay with my sister first, she is old and arthritis patient, i talked to my girlfriend that i am thinking that i change dinning room into bedroom, she started helping me but was not happy about it and we ended in arguments. i stopped making bed as it was too late.
next evening same arguments happened and i realised my mother may not be welcomed which i discussed with her and did not get the right reply.
next day her family came and we were having same discussion about why i want to remove dining table when door knocked and my girlfriend lied about abh and that i was continuously beating her since 7 yrs which was shocking lie , police arrested me but i never touched her at all.i was later released that police still looking into further evidence. what will be the likely outcome
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Were you arrested on suspicion of assault?
Were there any marks etc?

I was told by police that it’s an allegation of ABH when arrested, police interviewed her and she said I pushed her to floor two days before and since two years I was slapping her and she was living in fear life which is untrue
I was later released by police saying still under investigation but police did not found any injuries or even she bruises

Ok - several things can happen.

1) The Police can take no further action

2) The Police can offer you a caution, which you can only accept if you admit the offence

3) The Police can charge and take it to Court.

However, if there is a lack of evidence then they will take no further action, as they must have a realistic prospect of getting a conviction.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Hi,Police has charged me and on false allegation from my wife that i had beaten her, which is totally untrue, she provided two pictures in evidence in which one of them has swollen toe (this happened when we were away on holidays in dubai few weeks ago and coke 1.5 litre bottle fall on her toe from cabinte and she was in pain, i took her to hospital where they did Xray and given her some pain killers) other picture is near her wrist very small scratches which i got no idea where she get them from.
please advise what is going to happen and what should i do.Assault by beating
on 13/12/17 at my home address i aaaulted mrs sehrish aziz by beating her CONTARY TO SECTION 39 OF THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACT 1988.
H.O. 105/1 local none CJS CJ88116in police interview i was asked question like, she caliming i pulled her hairs, push her to floor, strangle her and hit her, i told police all is untrue.please advise what should i do and what can happen as i am working for a very prestige company with a high profile job and very worried for my future and also myself.
your help will be highly appreciated.kind regards

There is nothing you can do. If there is no evidence then you will be found not guilty. But you can’t stop the Police charging you sadly.

People make false complaints all the time sadly.

Does that assist?

Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 3 months ago

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor