UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I want a certificate of no impediment to marry in Morocco.

Customer Question
Hi I want a...

Hi I want a certificate of no impediment to marry in Morocco

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No I'm British citizen n live in uk

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not about the above as first I've to get all the paperwork for Moricco govt in order after which they allow me to marry locally there

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mainly it's about the impediment certain

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/15/2017
Solicitor: F-A, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
F-A
F-A, Solicitor

Hi

You can an appointment at the British embassy or consulate in Morocco to swear an affidavit (written statement of facts) that you’re free to marry. You’ll need to take your passport, your partner’s passport and pay a fee which is £50 (655 MAD Approx). You will need your divorce decree if you have ever been married before. The certificate will be valid for 3 months.

You’ll need to get that translated into the local language and ‘legalised’ (certified as genuine) by the local authorities as well which the embassy can help you.

Regards

F-A