UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Who can place a caveat on a Will and how many times can a…

Customer Question
Who can place a...

Who can place a caveat on a Will and how many times can a caveat be placed on the same will

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?

Uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

Warning and affidavit sent think she will get her husband and kids over 18 to place caveat

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know how many times a caveat can be placed on the same will and who can do this?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
12/9/2017
Solicitor: Michael Holly, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

A caveat can be placed by anyone who has a claim or potential claim against the estate. This could be a creditor of the deceased or someone who believes that they should have been left something by the deceased.

A caveat will last for 6 months but can be renewed for another 6 months as many times as desired.

But the caveat can be warned off or you can apply to the Probate Registry for a direction that the claimant get on with making a claim or the caveat is removed.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael