UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My wife was stopped by the police at a checkpoint and gave a…

Customer Question
Hi my wife was...

Hi my wife was stopped by the police at a checkpoint and gave a false name as she only has a provisional licence. She was cautioned. The named person has now been summoned to appear in court. My wife will have to confess but what will happen to her?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Derry, N.Ireland and took place on October 18th 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

My sister whos name she gave has been summoned to court as she was not insured to drive my fathers car.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Does she have any other points?

No she only holds a provisional licence not a full licence

Sorry for the delay. I was travelling yesterday.

Are you asking what sentence she can expect?

what possible sentence can she expect

I presume she gave the false name to an officer not a soldier?