UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I think I'm in big trouble ive inherited money from my

Customer Question
Hi I think I'm...

Hi I think I'm in big trouble ive inherited money from my mother's estate but im still claiming benefits as I'm still paying off some of the debt she had i was informed that because im the exor i didn't need to tell the benefit agents yet but now I think ive done the wrong thing

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in the United kingdom

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

No action has been taken yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ive spent my share of the money what is left is for the debt that are left

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/30/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi I need more information so can you explain exactly which benefits you are claiming and how long ago did you inherit this money and how much was it?

Hi jo i receive esa housing benefit and child benefit and credit i received the money in January 17 90k I know I've done wrong buy spending the money while paying my mum's debt i just don't know what to do to correct my mistakes

I have made an offer since you asked for a call