UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I was caught shoplifting in telcos yesterday and was taken…

Customer Question
I was caught shoplifting...

I was caught shoplifting in telcos yesterday and was taken to the back of the store to an interview room the amount was over£40 which I returned and offered to pay for as the store operates a zero tolerance the police were callled this is my first offense never been in trouble with the law before as they checked my credentials via the walkie talkie they said they could have arrested me and took me to the cells what will happen to me now a have been banned from the store

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Wishaw north lanarkshire scotland uk

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Am 58

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 9 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi who could have arrested you? the store security or did the police?

I wasn't arrested just spoken too they took all my information regarding my name and address and sent me on my way what do you mean by arrested

Are you in Scotland?

I live in scotland can't afford £49.00 just now
will I be taken to court as this will ruin my life

Sorry, cant help.

I'm in England.

Solicitor: Nick H, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor

Hello

On such a small matter - doubt they will prosecute - if they do you can arrange a payment plan