UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I accompanied my husband to drop him off at a council run…

Customer Question
I accompanied my husband...

I accompanied my husband to drop him off at a council run car park run by Premier Parking. My husband was with me and witnessed the fact that I put a £1 into a machine., entered my number plate but no ticket was issued. I was parked long enough to drop my husband off and assist him with his luggage (he was going on a sailing trip with a friend). I was parked for approximately ten to fifteen minutes and, as I had paid, I left the car park and went home. I have now been contacted by a debt collection agency (DRP Ltd) threatening court action if I do not pay £150 by 01 December. Do you have any further advice other than to pay a cheque in full and final settlement on a without prejudice basis as per your website?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are in the UK in Cornwall. I gather you are based in the US and wonder if I have been wasting my time and yours!

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not if I can help it which is why I am consulting you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Solicitor: Jenny Mackenzie,
 replied 7 months ago
Jenny Mackenzie

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is this the first time you have been contacted over the ticket?