UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Are whatsapp messages admissable as evidence of adultery to…

Customer Question
Are whatsapp messages admissable...

Are whatsapp messages admissable as evidence of adultery to commence proceedings for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wife denies it but i have copy of dialogue indicating adultery she doesnt know this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
11/25/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 7 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Yes they are. They can be referred to and relied upon in any court proceedings to confirm adultery.

Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years

In fact it would be both unwise (and unnecessary) to try to rely on Whatsapp messages to prove adultery.

This will complicate the proceedings and indeed it is highly unlikely that the court would accept the evidence.

Instead divorce her on the basis of her Unreasonable Behaviour - easy to prove and no delay caused if she will not adn=mit the adultery

But in answer to specific question they can and are regularly relied upon in court. I hope that this helps and please rate positive.

I hope that helps. Can you please rate. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you