UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I claim housing benefit child tax credit and working tax…

Customer Question
Hi I claim housing...

Hi I claim housing benefit child tax credit and working tax credit.. 2 years ago I had an accident and got a pay out of 15000 which I gave to my child for her future I got a letter from the complacent officer and went for an interview 2 days ago.. they asked me about the claim which I denied.. pulse the asked me about my partner who stays with me 3nights a week and I stay at his 2 nights a week..I'm now terrified I'm going prison cause I've been reading up on it please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Leicestershire uk

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

I just had to go for an interview with theenifits complice officer..I still have most of the compunction I can give them that don't want to go to prision

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 4 months ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi are you asking what penalties you are likely to face?

will I end up in prison if sent to court
Hi can u give me an answer asap please

OK. Do you have any previous?

No

OK.

What is the sum of the overpayment roughly?

I don't no yet...it must be a big amount for its been over 2 years when I got my compancation

OK. How much do you get monthly?

About 1400 with all benifts and wages

yes, but how much do you receive in benefits.

900 a month

£900 a month would be roughly 11,000 a year for two years and so 22,000.

That is not the highest overpayment. It is an overpayment and it will have to be repaid at least in part but it is not the worst amount that could have been taken.

I would expect a community order.

However it is always very helpful to your mitigation to be able to say that you have started to repay the amount that you claimed.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

How far back the the dwp access my bank accounts

As far back as the records hold which is usually six years

Am I likely to go to prison
Am I please help

As I said really, I would expect a community order.

Am I best to tell the dwp. About my insurance claim now... or wait toll 5hey contact me x

I thought they know about it?

Im happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

They must no cause they told me the amount I got and I told no one... what will they do to me now xx
What's my best move now

.....

Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister