UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

What is the time period after an incident in which I can…

Customer Question
What is the time...

What is the time period after an incident in which I can apply for a non molestation order (without notice )? If the respondent is not in the country doe that mean I can only apply after he has returned? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?

UK

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

Sorry I am not sure how this site works. Could you please let me know what the fees are for using the site for questions?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Are you a solicitor in the U.K.? What is the rate charged?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How much is 'the rest'?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No action has been taken so far. I am considering applying for injunctions

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What actually happened and when?

The DV incident was on the 17 November and the respondent was arrested by police and released with a caution for common assault. He left the UK the next day for business and will return end of next week. I have been looking into applying for non-molestation order, occupation order and prohibited steps order but not sure if the application should be submitted before or after his return. I read that application without notice is for urgent situation and needs to be done within around 7 days after the incident. I am considering application without notice not because it is urgent as in I need protection right now as he is current away, but because if there is a long notice period for the application he may turn vengeful and use violence upon being served the application with notice and before any order is issued.
I am not able to type my number on the form. It is***********
Hi, Clare, I will be able to take calls tomorrow morning between 9.30-11.00 or evening after 6pm. If these times are not convenient please could you answer by message here. My no.*********** Many thanks. Yvonne.

Are you aware that the site makes an extra charge for a phone call?

has he actually threatened to return to the property?