UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I was released under investigation without bail and the

Customer Question
Hello, I was released under...
Hello, I was released under investigation without bail and the police took my passport. I am Italian and I have another proof of identity (called carta d'identità). Can I use it to leave UK? Thank you.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: In England, in date 08 November 2017.
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I had a duty solicitor during my interview.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: UK Law
11/20/2017
Solicitor: Jamie-Law, Solicitor replied 27 days ago
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Were you bailed to live and sleep at a particular address?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't know exactly... but I guess I am free to sleep and live everywhere.

You need to check the bail conditions, it would say.

But if it says you need to live and sleep at a certain address, then no you cant leave.

If it does not say, then yes you can.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't have a fluent English but I can read quite well, so I prefer a text chat.

Sure. Can you see my response above?
Does that clarify?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How I can check my bail conditions?

The Police should have given you a piece of paper.

Does that clarify?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
From police paper:
Details
I understand that I am being released from custody without bail. I have been informed that the offence that I have been arrested for requires further investigation and I will be contacted in the future regarding any possible actions against me. I have been also informed that I could be re-arrested should any new evidence come to the light or an examination or analysis of existing has been made which could not reasonably have been made before my release.

Ok - then you are not bailed to an address. You can leave.

Does that clarify?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I would like to ask more questions... I have to pay an extra?

If its related to the bail, then its the same price.

If its a new question, then its a new cost.

Does that clarify?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I think I have to inform the police about my movements.
Why they took my passport?(but leave me my carta d'identità) Is there the chance to get back it? How quickly?

Unless the Police have said otherwise you dont need to inform them.

You cant get it back until they decide whether to charge.

Does that clarify?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is it possible that my duty solicitor had more informations about my case? She doesn't reply to my email and text messages.

Yes she might. I cant help you with why she doesnt reply.

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok thank you have a good day.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor